12 oz. olive oil
4 oz. white vinegar
3 oz. balsamic vinegar
2 lemons, juiced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
½ tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
2 Tbsps. fresh parsley, chopped
½ tsp. black pepper, fresh ground
½ tsp. salt
2 eggplants, skinned, ¼ in. sliced
2 squash, ¼in. sliced
4 red bell peppers, 1 in. strips
4 green bell peppers, 1 in. strips
4 yellow bell peppers, 1 in. strips
2 red onions, ½ in. slices
6 medium Portabella mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned
1 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
2 cups black olives, pitted
6 lbs. baking potatoes, skins on
2 medium tomatoes, concasseDIRECTIONS:1. Whisk together all ingredients for herbed vinaigrette; set aside.
2. Marinate cut vegetables (eggplant, squash, red/green/yellow peppers, red onions, Portabella mushrooms) in half the prepared vinaigrette for 2 hours.
3. Wash and steam potatoes until tender; let cool. Cut potatoes into 1/8in. slices, keeping skin on; toss with remaining half of vinaigrette; refrigerate.
4. Drain vegetables (reserve vinaigrette) and grill until tender; let cool. Cut grilled mushrooms into strips.
5. In a large glass bowl, place a quarter of the sliced potatoes, grilled vegetables, feta cheese and black olives. Repeat process 3 more times to create a layered effect.
6. Pour reserved vinaigrette over salad and garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano, feta cheese and diced tomatoes.NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:Calories 350 (49% from fat); Fat 19g (sat. 5g); Protein 7g; Carbohydrates 41g; Sodium 370mg; Cholesterol 15mg; Fiber 6gSERVINGS:24 servingsFrom:Submitted by Stephen A. Bello, C.E.C., South Nassau Communities Hospital