Ethnicity: New American
Meal Type: Main Course, Entrée
Occasion: Father's Day
Preparation Method: Grill
Product Type: Bone-In Chop
6 Each TURKEY CHOPS
1-1/2 Teaspoons kosher salt
1-1/2 Teaspoons black pepper
6 Cups boiling water
zest of 2 oranges
1 Cup honey or maple syrup
3 Tablespoons kosher salt
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 Each Spanish onion, cut in half and sliced
2 Each bay leaves
20 Each whole black peppercorns
1 Head garlic, split in half
1/2 Cup fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
1 Tablespoon mustard seeds, optional
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, finely minced
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
2 Cups cranberries
1/4 Cup golden raisins
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 Cup brandy
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 Cup orange juice
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Each cinnamon stick
1/2 Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 Cups cranberry juice
1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
1 Each shallot, minced
1/2 Cup maple syrup
1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Cups TURKEY BROTH
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Place all brine ingredients in a bowl and let cool.
- Add turkey chops, coating surfaces with the brine solution. Cover and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and heat until hot.
- Add onion and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add cranberries, raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup, brandy, balsamic vinegar and orange juice.
- Cook until syrupy and reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberry juice; simmer until thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and set aside to cool. Add salt.
- Place shallot, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and broth in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook until reduced by half, about 12 minutes.
- Add the butter. Set aside.
Grilled Turkey Chops
- Remove chops from marinade and dry with a clean paper towel.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and place on a preheated grill.
- Grill for about 5 minutes on each side to an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.
- Pour glaze over turkey chops and serve immediately, accompanied by cranberry compote.